Monday, April 16, 2012

First Week Running

So my first week of running wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I ran four times this week and took a three mile walk with some girlfriends and did about a mile with the dogs.

At first the worst part was the soreness. The first couple of runs really took a toll on my body, for days after moving seemed to be a chore. The last two times I've been running though I've ran farther, faster, and with the exception of the post run "I'm so tired I want to die" feeling, I've felt pretty awesome.

I seem to want to run more and more. I wish I enjoyed running outside as much as I enjoy running inside, because although tredmils make it a lot easier to track and run for longer, the real races are outside on pavement.

I'm trying not to get caught up in how fast I ran or for how long. I'm trying really hard to focus on consistency, mike says speed and endurance will come naturally as I get serious about it.

I seem to have an itch for it.  Even though it's hard, I want to keep doing it everyday. I'm going to try and run three times a week inside, twice a week outside with Jaimie.

No comments: