Sunday, February 15, 2009

Barbie Has Everything Else...Why Not A Blog

how about this, i went to Walmart with Amanda and we saw the most disturbing thing ever. I was in the toy section when i came across the holiday barbie. I was shocked, this Barbie had a dress that was cut all the way down to her belly button. i mean i know its not real but these are little girls we're talking about. I don't know maybe I'm being a little bit prudish but what are we teaching the litte girls in our lives when we hand them a toy like this, that you have to show off your boobs, have a flat stomach and perfect face to be beautiful. I know thats how i used to think. Lately the Lord has been teaching me about modesty, and how crucial it is to women.



1st Timothy 2:9-10 "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God"

God says we don't need to show off our bodies or dress really slutty to be beautiful.

1 comment:

Erin Joy Broderick said...

sorry i'm being anoying like i am with picture coments and I love and miss u alot and say "amen sister!" to this blog! "Modest is hottest" as Rachel Stojkovich often would yell in college experience class