Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week Five

I'm trying to update my running progress, not so much because it's thrilling to read, but because it's easier than keeping a journal.

I was told running usually gets easier after the first six weeks. This was my first run for week five, I did pretty well, but I seem to be at a stand still. I'm not getting any faster, and I can't seem to run any longer. I was hoping it would at least be easier, and I guess it is a little, but not significantly.

The nice thing about the first three weeks of running was I saw instant results. Even if the run was harder to accomplish I was constantly improving. Now I'm in this place where I feel like I'm not getting better, faster, or able to run longer. This is the point where I would usually give up.

But I will not stop. I don't care how hard it is, how long it takes me, I have goals and I am going to reach them. I've worked so hard to even get this far, I know I can be good at this. I desperately want to be good at it. I need to prove to myself that I have what it takes to be a runner.

No comments: