Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dorm Room Living, The Good, The Bad, And The Smelly

I'm in love with my dorm room. My bed (bottom bunk pictured to the left) is the perfect place to sleep, study (as you can see by my very strategically placed math book) and sit on. my desk (pictured to the right) is generally were i do my make-up and keep my books. other than that it is used for decorative purposes only. the only problem with our room is the heat. its unbearably hot in the daytime, even with the shades closed. also in stead of bringing a box fan Amanda brought this stupid dinky little fan (that she paid $50 for) called the Vornado. it doesn't do jack. also my clothes tend to get dirtier quicker here, and i have this pile of laundry that is stinking up my closet. the other down side to dorm living is how ridiculously dusty everything is. my allergies are so bad here i can hardly breathe. but the absolute worst part about not living at home is the bathrooms. Ew. one words pretty much covers it. the floors are so nasty and there is this ancient bathtub that looks like it used to be used for beheading people. sick. there's really only one shower that gets hot (the third one) and even then every time someone flushes it gets really cold. but at least we have our own sink in the room! The best part of our room is the entertainment corner. This is where everyone comes to congregate. snacks, a fully stocked mini fridge, TV and a bean bag chair. come on people what more could you ask for!? it's dorm room heaven!

No comments: