Thursday, April 23, 2009

All Nighters With Angela, This Is College Right?

So as a college freshman we are bound to put things off sometimes. This year I think I've been doing pretty well considering I have not had to pull an all nighter yet this year...until today. I woke up at 9:00 am on Wednesday and i am proud to say that on Thursday at 6:55 a.m. I am still awake. last night we went shopping for food for our camping trip and took an hour and a half road trip to EP (East Palestine, aka America's butt hole and Angela's home town) with John and Paul to get more supplies for camping. so we got back around two. It is at this point that reality sets in, I still have a five page paper to write and it has to be done by eight fifteen a.m. Now Mike and Jen (and maybe Emily if you're reading this) I do not do this all the time, this paper just crept up on me, don't rat me out to mom. Anyway long story short angela and i stayed up all night to write our papers and got to watch as night fades to morning. as strange as it is i have never felt more proud. WE DID IT! and on top of all the stress, it turned out to be a beautiful morning so as the sun was rising angela and i went into the quad to thank God for a glorious new day he made. Yesterday I was given a lot of bad news, HOWEVER, though the sorrow may last through the night, HIS JOY COMES IN THE MORNING! Thank you Daddy for trading my sorrows for joy. <3


P.S. It only took us two trips to McDonalds to get coffee refills!

2 comments:

Mike Medved said...

Don't tell mom? Perhaps you forget that I, myself, once also attended college. Perhaps at some point I also pulled an all-nighter to get some work done? Sheesh, I think it should be a requirement for graduation!

BTW, I don't think Jen ever did - she is so on the ball!

Angela! said...

1. papers finished
2. dropkicking chairs in celebration
3. prayer in the quad
4. deciding not to be lukewarm anymore... let's be effective and thank God ALWAYS.